Also as in other cases, these conservation efforts have not been very successful, especially in areas where boundaries are unclear; resource uses overlap, and enforcement weak.
Under these circumstances, conflicts between users are likely to escalate, making the fisheries system and the protected areas ungovernable. As posited by interactive governance theory, how stakeholders interact depends partly on the inherent characteristics of the social system, including images that they have of each other, and of the governing system.
Stakeholder interactions are also reflections of their willingness to cooperate with each other, which in turn affects the overall resource governability. We illustrate the importance of stakeholder cooperation for governability using a case study of two neighboring small-scale fishing communities, San Felipe and Dzilam de Bravo, on the Yucatan coast of Mexico.here
Values, images, and principles: What they represent and how they may improve fisheries governance. Marine Policy Chuenpagdee, R. Marine protected areas: Re-thinking their inception. Shin, Y. Global in scope and regionally rich: an IndiSeas workshop helps shape the future of marine ecosystem indicators.
- Hard travelin: the life and legacy of Woody Guthrie?
- Interactive Governance for Small-Scale Fisheries - Global Reflections | Svein Jentoft | Springer;
- Whiskey and Water (Promethean Age, Book 2).
- Common Ground, Uncommon Vision: The Importance of Cooperation for Small-Scale Fisheries Governance!
- Enslaving the Master (Pleasure Partners, Book 3).
- Made in America: Our Best Chefs Reinvent Comfort Food;
Institutional thinking in fisheries governance: broadening perspectives. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 4: Thiammueang, D.
Kasetsart Journal 46 3 : Chan, K. Where are cultural and social in ecosystem services?
A framework for constructive engagement. BioScience 62 8 : Pita, C.
- Oracle SQL*Plus : pocket reference;
- Resource Library.
- Scenes of Parisian Modernity: Culture and Consumption in the Nineteenth Century.
- Interactive Governance for Small-Scale Fisheries: Global Reflections.
Participatory issues in fisheries governance in Europe. Conservation principle: A normative imperative in addressing illegal fishing in Lake Malawi.
- Transport Processes in Ion-Irradiated Polymers (Springer Series in Materials Science).
- Interactive governance for small scale fisheries: global reflections …?
- UNU-FTP Visiting Lecture Series?
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
MAST 10 1 : Interactive governance for marine conservation: an illustration. Bulletin of Marine Science 87 2 : Jentoft, S. What are MPAs for: On goal formation and displacement.