It brings together nearly all the people one would most want to read on the topic, and the essays are notable for their lively seriousness.
Here, the topic of Shakespeare and religion is a burning brand with which to illuminate the past and the present. A stimulating book!
See a Problem?
The authors push scholarship on religion and Shakespeare past new historicism in productive, compelling directions. The recent 'turn to religion' in early modern literary studies, and the related move towards seeing Shakespeare as an author deeply engaged with religious matters, is powerfully exemplified in these pages.
Shell, University College London. Kenneth S.
Shakespeare and Religious Change
Marotti, eds. Jane Hwang Degenhardt and Elizabeth Williamson, eds. Ryan Netzley.
- Product details.
- Brian Cummings!
- Angels In Action!
Most users should sign in with their email address. If you originally registered with a username please use that to sign in.
- Book Collection Title.
- World Music: The Basics.
- Shakespeare and Religion: Early Modern and Postmodern Perspectives - Google книги.
- The Incorporation and Integration of the Kings Tributary Lands Into the Norwegian Realm C. 1195-1397.
- What is Kobo Super Points?!
- Main content!
- Foreign Investments in Developing Countries.
- Building law encyclopaedia.
- Solid-State Physics: An Introduction to Principles of Materials Science.
- Ripley Under Water (Ripley, Book 5).
- related title;
To purchase short term access, please sign in to your Oxford Academic account above. Don't already have an Oxford Academic account?
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Religion Around Shakespeare By Peter Iver Kaufman
Sign In or Create an Account. Sign In.
click Advanced Search. Article Navigation. Close mobile search navigation Article Navigation.
Volume Ken Jackson and Arthur F.